By way of introduction:
Why am I telling you this given that it’s a pretty normal life I lead? Because in the context I’m about to put it into it’s far from normal…
I am the target of a smear campaign since mid-2012 – both through association and personally. I have been attacked and pilloried, lied about and misrepresented on the basis of my religious and philosophical beliefs.
A small cohort of people, spearheaded by Esther Rockett and Lance Martin, have been carrying out a frenzied and relentless pogrom, reminiscent of pitchfork carrying, witch burning, hood wearing lynch mobs of yore, albeit conducted in this era largely in the print and digital media.
The method? Manufacturing fear, mistrust and bigotry through sensational and misleading misinformation that include (but are by no means limited to) the following accusations:
- Being indoctrinated into a cult.
- Attempting to indoctrinate others into said cult.
- Rendered unable to make rational decisions due to indoctrination into supernatural and bizarre beliefs.
- Knowingly grooming my own children and delivering them as fodder for a sexual predator.
- Inflicting an unhealthy diet and abovementioned bizarre beliefs onto my children and anyone else I can get my hands on.
- Peddling false and misleading healing claims through the complementary healing modalities that I practice and receive.
Well guess what? nothing could be further from the truth and I’ve got 50+ staff, thousands of customers, dozens of local school teachers, many many parents and families of employees, friends, neighbours, local business owners, and basically a whole community of people who can attest to the fact that:
- I am not in a cult.
- I never push my philosophical and religious beliefs onto others.
- I am of sound and rational mind.
- My parenting abilities are of the highest quality.
- My diet is not bizarre or unhealthy – unless being largely free from indulgences could be considered bizarre.
- I make no misleading claims about the healing techniques I practice and make no moves to encourage others to undertake them unless they should seek to do so themselves (and when they do they make their own decision about the value of said modalities).
And let it be noted that many of the people I have listed are not members of the Universal Medicine community and yet I have no doubt whatsoever that they will stand by me in stating the truth about who I am and how I conduct myself and how I represent my personal beliefs.
So, Esther Rockett, Lance Martin et al. Why don’t you head down to my workplace and see if you can convince my employer, my staff or my customers that I am some kind of lunatic who would knowingly groom her children for a sexual predator, that I am targeting them for said cult indoctrination, that I am in some way a liability or not to be trusted? I hear you’ve been doing it elsewhere.
Why don’t you get in touch with the community centres I volunteer at, quote my name and see if you can convince them that I belong to a cult and am attempting to lure in prospective members under the guise of well-being, social and community awareness events?
I’m prepared to bet that you won’t get far – because absolutely none of what you are portraying about me, or indeed any of us holds any truth. And by the way, in case you hadn’t noticed – we are living in the 21st century in the developed world where freedom of religious and philosophical beliefs is my right.
And while I’m at it, I’d like to request that you add me to your naming names page – because that is one list of people and businesses that I am wholeheartedly proud to be associated with.
By Helen Simkins (49); woman, independent thinker, business executive, student of Universal Medicine and The Way of The Livingness, upstanding community member.
From Macadamia Castle owner Tony Gilding: